Anyone can create a website. Finding useful and accurate resources can be challenging. Here are some helpful hints to use when searching for reliable and valid internet sources:
- Look for websites that end in gov, on, edu, univ, or org. These sites tend to be linked to organizations, government sites or educational institutions, and offer updated, reliable and accurate information
- Look for an author or a reputable sponsoring organization on the website
- Do not use Wikipedia as an academic source. It has no author and not guarantee of reliablity
- Be wary of sites that have no author, no date, and no sponsoring organization. If they are not present, question the site's validity!!
- Compare the information you find on internet websites, to information found in databases, encyclopaedias and book resources
- Use a variety of sources for your research! This will help you see the large picture, and find out key details about your topic!
Use the navigation menu on the left to find your subject area, and click on it to find key resources for your subjects!!