Practical Job List - Grade Twelve
Your practical mark will reflect the completion and understanding of the jobs listed below. A "write up" similar to the sample sheet is due upon completing the job. NO practical marks will be granted without a "write up".
- Disassemble and reassemble a dash panel printed circuit
- Disassemble and reassemble a steering column (signal switch and tilt mechanism)
- Disassemble and reassemble a rear axle differential
- Disassemble and reassemble an engine or transmission
- Measure all internal engine parts for wear and 'out of round'
- Remove and reinstall a transmission
- Remove and reinstall a clutch (if available)
- Connect and diagnose a computer controlled engine fault code
- Remove and replace a distributor and pick up coil unit. Reset ignition timing.
- Remove and reinstall a timing belt, gear set or chain.
- Remove and reinstall a steering rack assembly
- Rethread a spark plug hole to accept an original spark plug.
- Diagnose a battery draining battery problem (set up by teacher)
- Remove and reinstall front wheel drive bearing assembly
- Make a cut-away display unit of an approved (by teacher) automotive component
- Many, many more...see the practical job list for all grades
Write-ups are required for these jobs.
You can email your write-ups to email@example.com if you wish.