Practical Job List - Grade Ten
Your practical mark will reflect the completion and understanding of the jobs listed
below. A "write up" similar to the sample sheet is due upon completing the job. NO
practical marks will be granted without a "write up".
- Drill and thread a piece of steel. Any size hole will do.
- Flare a piece of tubing for brake lines conforming to Ministry standards.
- Make 2 gaskets. A) Cut with scissors or knife. B) Hammer cut gasket.
- Replace a spare tire with trunk tools only. (no shop tools)
- Dismount a tire from a rim and remount without cutting bead.
- Balance a tire
- Install a tire plug in a nail hole
- Remove and reinstall a wheel - torque to 95 ft lbs.
- Cooling system pressure test
- Radiator cap pressure test
- Test alternator voltage output.
- Charge a battery with battery charger
- Load test battery for condition
- Properly connect booster cables between 2 cars
- Clean and service battery connections
- Test and adjust tire pressures to recommended setting
- Jack up a car and position safety stands in correct location
- Properly position hoist pads on a car sub-frame
- Torch cut 2 pieces of steel
- Grind smooth steel after torch cutting
- Weld 2 pieces of steel together for strength. Arc Weld or MIG weld
- Remove and reinstall wiper blades and arms in correct position
- Properly perform a complete oil change and inspection - Handout
- Connect and read a secondary fault on an oscilloscope.
- Remove and replace front disc brake pads
- Remove and bench test a heater motor assembly
- Remove and replace a headlight and/or a tail light.
- Set up and machine a disc rotor.
- Draw and label an entire valve train system (cam in block, over head valve)
- Draw and label a diagram showing all the basic internal engine parts.
Write-ups are required for these jobs only unless otherwise approved by Mr.
You can email your write-ups to email@example.com if you wish.