This page is set up to just document my progress on the car and hopefully make me work harder on it. I am going to try to update this everyday.

These pictures were taken with my 2nd gen iPhone, hey, it was in my pocket.

Email Me
 

July 6

Here is a copy of the replica control panel wire diagram..

July 7

I bonded the two mirror bases pieces together to make it more authentic.

July 7

Door skin bonded on and starting to shape the gaps and lines.

July 7

I changed the door shape by adding a deeper dip below the mirror. The D&R is more gradual.

July 7

I had to grind off a lot of material to make the mirror sit level. It’s starting to look close.

July 8

Bonded on the left side door and worked on the upper gap.

July 9

Screwed both of these pieces together and did the bondo work to mate them.  Separate later.

July 9

Furniture nuts from home depot

July 9

Prepping the fibreglass mirror base plate. Sanded both sides.

July 9

Steel mounting frame work with threaded rod welded to it. Bond this piece to the base plate. Mount this first.

July 9

Furniture nuts. 1/4” NC thread.

July 9

If you use masking tape on the door then mount the mirror then apply bondo, you will get the perfect shape.

July 9

Sand it between 6 and 10 minutes after application. It is still soft and easy to get the initial shape.

July 9

Bondo won’t stick to the masking tape, remove it and sand to shape using 40 paper.

July 9

Door skin bonded on and mirror mounted.

July 9

Back view

July 9

Mirror mounting tutorial;

Cut out steel and weld on threaded rod (bolted from back side with furniture nuts)

July 9

Back view

July 9

Passenger door assembled with interior panel and window motor

July 9

Homemade E-Brake caliper from a 240 ZX.

July 10

Got the AC Controller Manual 1.doc and tested it. Works great. No other work today.

July 12

I put both power mirror motors into the shells and wired them up. They both work with the Saturn switch. Replaceable too.

July 13

Worked on the body gaps all day

July 13

I will be putting in a black rubber gasket between the fender and the bumper.

Made on a Mac